The Medical Coding Boot Camp
The Medical Coding Boot Camp is a self-directed, online medical coding course that provides students with a firm foundation in medical coding training in just 21 weeks (or sooner, if you want!). This medical coding training course is ideal for students who want to join the medical coding industry as rapidly as possible. If you’re the type of student who thrives in a self-paced environment, this is the medical coding training course for you.
Not sure if a career as a Medical Coder is the right path for you? This free course only takes 15 minutes to complete and can help you decide if a career in medical coding is right for you. Sign up here for this free course – So You Want to Be a Coder?
THE MEDICAL CODING BOOTCAMP
This is a self-paced, online course that typically takes students 21 weeks to complete. You may start the course at anytime, once tuition is received.
- Fundamentals of ICD10CM Coding – 60 hours (6 Weeks)
- Outpatient Coding (CPT4/HCPCS) – 60 hrs (6 weeks)
- Advanced Outpatient Coding Closing the Loop 30 hrs – (3 weeks)
- Inpatient Coding 60 hrs – (6 weeks)
This course is offered online and is self-paced. An instructor-assisted option is available to those wanting extra assistance with course material and questions.
Once tuition is received, you may begin the course whenever you are ready!
Learn to become a medical coder in this comprehensive online course, which provides self-paced coding theory combined with over 100 hours of applied practice. By immediately applying theory, students are better prepared to enter into an entry-level coding position. The Medical Coding Boot Camp online course contains four modules.
Students may choose to enroll in the course with or without instructor assistance.
Individuals with healthcare education and/or experience wanting to move into the field of medical coding or enhance their existing medical coding skills. Students must have knowledge in medical terminology and anatomy & physiology to enter these courses.
RECOMMENDED AND/OR REQUIRED PREREQUISITE(S):
A background in medical terminology and anatomy & physiology along with two years of healthcare training or experience are prerequisites to the Medical Coding Boot Camp.
Module 1: Fundamentals of ICD10CM Coding
- Introduction to Coding Systems and Processes
- Principles of Diagnostic Coding: ICD10CM
- Application of Official ICD Coding Guidelines with scenarios
Module 2: Outpatient Coding CPT/HCPCS
- Introduction to CPT4/HCPCS Code Sets
- Principles of Outpatient and Physician procedure coding
- Application of Outpatient Guidelines with scenarios
Module 3: Advanced Outpatient Coding Closing the Loop
- Coding impact on reimbursement systems and legal issues
- Outpatient Coding: Case Studies for various outpatient settings
- Introduction to Encoder Pro
Module 4: Inpatient Coding
- Introduction to Inpatient Coding: Principal Dx, impact on DRG and Quality
- Introduction to Inpatient Procedure Coding: ICD-10 PCS
- Application of Inpatient Guidelines with scenarios and case studies for ICD-10
Option 1: Go at your own pace without instructor assistance. Tuition for the 21 week self-paced online course is $1,195
Option 2: Go at your own pace and receive answers to your questions along the way from a Certified Medical Coding Instructor. Tuition for the 21 week instructor-assisted online course is $1,995
Textbooks for both options are an additional cost, estimated at $300
TEXTBOOKS: Medical Coding Textbook Information
This is a non-credit, certificate course intended to move you into a Medical Coding career quickly. You will receive a Certificate of Completion from Front Range Community College upon successful completion of the course. Because this is a non-credit course, it does not qualify for financial aid.